Vale Royal AC - Senior Section

Running and Athletics in the Heart of Cheshire.

Message Board

Forum Home > Training > Pale of Pain

Alex Mason

Bit late notice but going for some fun over Old Pale tonight.

Plan is start from Gresty's Waste (where Sandstone Trail crosses A54) and do six different ups and downs of Old Pale.  Should be about 18K in 1:20 - 1:30ish.  All welcome - plan can be modified if needed.

Need shoes with decent tread, suitable clothing - it can get quite exposed on the top and a headtorch (I have three spare).

Hope to see you there.

--

Roads, where we're going we don't need roads...

January 12, 2015 at 5:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Tom Annable

Alex......had hoped to make it but my legs are too sore after the weekend.    Another time.

--

January 12, 2015 at 9:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Sophie Rees

Good suggestion, Alex. However a few alterations would have been needed for me to attend...

me doing 18k off-road, on hills, in the dark in 80-90 min.... ha.... pink pig flew by

me doing 18k off-road, on hills, in the dark without falling over... ha... another pink pig flew by

me doing 18k off-road, on hills, in the dark and my wibbling hip not having a wibble..... yep, pig no. 3 just went past.

Sounded good tho. I even have a head-torch, but that's the only positive I can offer presently!! Have a good run.

January 12, 2015 at 1:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Alex Mason

I was a bit optomistic, only did 16.5K!

If anyone is up for a night run then please post up any suggestions, it'd be great if it could be more inclusive as I guess legging it up and down Old Pale isn't for everyone.

Other ideas that maybe are more suitable:

Marbury Park/Anderton,

Primrose Wood,

Delamere Forest..

With all of these they can be as short or as long as we want and have multiple terrain types and elevations to chose from.

--

Roads, where we're going we don't need roads...

January 13, 2015 at 4:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.